16053[Meditation Society of America] Re: What is Your Meditation Like

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Feb 25, 2008
      The second part is correct. Dreaming is natural and normally we
      forget the dreams.

      However,quality of dreams is very important.Healthy dreams promote
      health and healthy people have sweet dreams.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, John Balch
      <westwindwood2003@...> wrote:

      > I found that when I meditate regularly, I do not have dreams, or
      at least if I did, I could not rememeber them at all.

      > jogeshwarmahanta <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote: Just I came
      out from the class at 11.20am imparting 2 practical
      > exercises on simulated dreams/translogical exercises with a view to
      > (1)stimulate brain cells to keep them healthy(2)prevent bad dreams
      > and so on.Participants of every hue enjoy the experience.
      > regards

      medit8ionsociety
> [...]
      > more
      > > > intense that meditation, and maybe a baby is created into a
      > loving
      > > > home. There are drugs that bring forth visions, such as LSD,
      > > > opiates, or alcohol addiction hallucinations (well, I never
      > > > experienced that), but there is no single subject that flows
      > forth
      > > > into awareness and evolves towards recognition with drug-
      induced
      > > > visions. Sleep brings dreams, and this is much more intense
      than
      > > > meditation, and if the subject matter of a dream is
      deliberately
      > > > remembered while meditating, the feeling brought forth is much
      > more
      > > > intense that what is normally experienced in meditation.
      > > >
      > > > It seems for me that meditation only brings up as much as can
      be
      > > > dealt with and after meditating for about 45 minutes the issue
      > or
      > > > subject that came up in meditation resolves into a single
      clear
      > > > awareness of the problem. Now enlightenment when it first is
      > > > revealed to a person is much more intense than any above
      > mentioned
      > > > altered states and from enlightenment flows a wisdom not of
      ones
      > own
      > > > nature about what to do with the issue that came to clarity
      > while
      > > > meditating for 45 minutes. If a person follows what that
      wisdom
      > > > tells them to do, the person eventually evolves towards what
      > > > enlightenment wisdom is and after lifetimes merges into it.
      > > >
      > > Yo Westwind,
      > > I resonate with much of what you are sharing
      > > and recognize some things that we differ about,
      > > such as the statements about dreams being "much
      > > more intense than meditation". But I think we
      > > may just have different things in mind when we
      > > use the terms we do that are meant to describe
      > > various states of consciousness. For instance,
      > > to answer 'What Meditation Is Like For Me', I feel
      > > that before meditation became an ongoing part of
      > > my life, I was in a dream-like state even when I
      > > was "awake". And nothing in that level of consciousness
      > > was really clear or "Real", much like a fetus cannot
      > > be said to be appreciating the full experience of
      > > life as a human. And with meditation, just as the new-born
      > > child can see, hear, taste, smell, and feel in
      > > a way that never was known before, the adult in
      > > us can relate to Reality in ways never before possible.
      > > In any event, I enjoy what you share and it points
      > > to beneficial concepts that are well worth
      > > meditating upon.
      > > Peace and blessings,
      > > Bob
      > >

      > Messages in this topic (3) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
      topic
      > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members |
      Calendar

      > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest |
      Switch format to Traditional

      Mobile. Try it now.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic