16048Swami Satchidananda's Weekly Words of Wisdom

    Feb 24, 2008
      "Create Selfless Thoughts"

      "Many people think, `What is the use of
      me controlling my mind - making it blank without any
      thoughts? Am I going to be like a stone?'
      Learn to control the thoughts so you can create any
      thought you want. This mastery makes the mind
      your tool. You can fulfill all your responsibilities
      and serve humanity greatly by achieving this control.
      If, after finding tranquility, you go out to
      serve, you are still creating thoughts - but thoughts
      of serving others. They are selfless thoughts.

      Even if such thoughts arise in the mind they
      won't affect its tranquility. If you can make your mind
      pure, then the whole world is your friend. That's
      why dedicated people never have worries, anxiety
      or restlessness. They are permanently joyous.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      To have the Weekly Words of Wisdom emailed to you,
      email your request to:
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic