15962Re: chakras and meditation

    Feb 6, 2008
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "J" <thebluze@...>
      wrote:

      > the past couple months, I have been practicing simple meditation,
      > twice daily , sometimes more often. I have had some deep, if not
      > unsettling experiences. some have been crystal clear and truly
      > beauteous, others deeply physical and alarmingly immediate.
      >
      > I breathe, diphramaticaly only, as quietly, rhythmically, and deeply
      > as the now allows. I lay down, palms up, in traditional yogic manner
      > and meditate, in and out, using a two word mantra{s}.
      >
      > Last night, deeply relaxed, I experienced unusual physical
      sensations,
      > through out my "throat" - blue chakra. I felt a gentle sensation,
      that
      > at first felt like petals opening than tiny spheres from the top of
      my
      > adam's apple down through my upper chest, vibrating in an
      unsettling,
      > yet gentle way and upon coming out of meditation, the area of the
      > chakra felt at ease, in some way cleansed. These sensations only
      > occurred at the end of the breathing out of each breath, when all
      the
      > air is gone and I wait for the natural reflex breath in. I continued
      > to feel this until the in breath filled my lungs. Is this normal ?
      Is
      > it good ?
      >
      > Years ago, while meditating, I had a similar feeling, only it was my
      > heart muscle, like a 1000 little bubbles gurgling, little parts,
      each
      > releasing something. It was a really pleasurable experience and I've
      > duplicated it a few times, in meditation since.
      >
      > Has anyone known similar physical events like this ? Can someone
      explain ?

      > namaste,

      Yo J,
      Here's a theory/concept....The experiences you have had physically
      have one thing in common, and that is that your inner chatterer got
      distracted by them and started commenting about them (which ended the
      pure experience and began dualistic reactivity). The inner Witness,
      who is your "Real Self" can and does witness the physical, emotional,
      and mental activity as your life's experiences flow by. Meditation
      places you into the Witness position and that is where reality takes
      place. Still your physical, mental, and emotional changes and/or
      ignore them and go back to the awareness that is before and present
      with them.