15938Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Feb 3, 2008
      A Healthy Ego

      "Don't try to get rid of your ego. Without ego,
      there's no incentive. Even God has a super-ego,
      otherwise why would God create the universe?
      Just change your ego. Make it healthy. If you
      get rid of it, you will be useless. But if you
      purify it by changing 'I' to 'we' and 'mine' to
      'our,' then you have gone to the root cause and
      transformed it. Then you can develop a strong,
      healthy ego. After all, what is ego? It's just
      the individual feeling, which eventually disappears
      in the universality of God. Until then, it is your
      ego that takes you toward God. Without that good ego,
      how could you do your sadhana or spiritual practice?
      To approach God, you need the ego. But as you get
      very close, you lose it."

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      Swami Satchidananda

      To subscribe to Weekly Words of Wisdom, email:
      wordsofwisdom@...
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic