15899Re: Meditation, can it be dangerous?

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Jan 22, 2008
      "I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle"

      Here is my short cut to NOW.

      My commands to self
      1. Enjoy whatever God has given to you.
      2.Worry not for what is lost or not got.
      3.Toil appropriately to get what you want.
      4.Remember Swamiprem if you slip from NOW.

      (Swamiprem is a veteran protagonist of NOW and lover of "The Power
      of Now by Eckert Tolle"
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss"
      <teachertweiss@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for taking your time to reply. Your explaination is not
      > only informative, but some of the most beautiful words I've ever
      > read. I'm currently reading, The Power of Now by Eckert Tolle,
      this
      > has been a life changing book for me.--- In
      > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Balasubramanian
      > Radhakrishnan Kumar <kumarbr20@> wrote:
      > >

      > > OSHO SAID :
      > > And I say to you: sow nothing, and reap
      > meditation or love. Sowing nothing - that is what meditation is
      all
      > about. And its natural consequence is love. If, at the end of the
      > journey of meditation, love has not flowered, then the whole
      journey
      > has been futile. Something went wrong somewhere. You started but
      you
      > never reached.
      > > Love is the test. For the path of
      meditation,
> [...]
      it
      > is non-spatial too.
      > >

      > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@: jogeshwarmahanta@: Mon, 21
      > Jan 2008 09:30:29 +0000Subject: [Meditation Society of America]
      Re:
      > Meditation, can it be dangerous?
      > >

      > > "In tamil there is a quatation : siddham kettal Pitham.Means: if
      > you do correctly you will reach good state, high level ofmetal
      > character. Realizing spiritual entities.The same approached with
      or
      > without knowingly in a wrong way it willlead you to become mad.As
      per
      > many siddhars they say many people died because of doing
      themeditaion
      > wrongly."Golden words.regards--- In
      > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN"
      > <dhanmvt1@> wrote:>> --- In >
      > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta" >
      > <jogeshwarmahanta@> wrote:> >> > Meditation means focusing
      attention
      > on something,object,percept or > > idea. The nature of
      > the "something" matters. First of all, > therefore, > > be clear
      > about your purpose.Your practice alone will tell you > whether > >
      > you are in right direction. If you are not in right direction and
      > >
      > still you are forcing yourself then certainly it will harm you. So
      >
      > > continuous review of effects is essential.> > regards> > > > >
      > ---
      > In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "teachertweiss" >
      >
      > <teachertweiss@> wrote:> > >> > > I know to some this may be a
      stupid
      > question, but I have to > ask. Is > > > there anything dangerous
      > about meditation? I've been cautioned > by > > > several friends
      that
      > I'm just opening up a window for something > > evil? > > > I want
      > start meditating, but I also want to proceed with > > caution. > >
      >
      > Can anyone give me some information on this topic?> > >> >This is
      > from dhananjeyan> > A good question asked after a long time. > The
      > general answer is: it is true if you do meditation improperly >
      the
      > effect will be their.> In tamil there is a quatation : siddham
      kettal
      > Pitham.> Means: if you do correctly you will reach good state,
      high
      > level of > metal character. Realizing spiritual entities.> The
      same
      > approached with or without knowingly in a wrong way it will > lead
      > you to become mad.> As per many siddhars they say many people died
      > because of doing the > meditaion wrongly.> This information is
      only
      > who approach meditation seriously.> People who are doing meditaion
      > name shake no effect will be their.> They can ignore this point
      > itself.>

      > > Tried the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic