15851RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The Best Book on Meditation

  • Balasubramanian Radhakrishnan Kumar
    Jan 9, 2008
      Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi's self enquiry method for self realisation is the shortest and the best. -- B.R.Kumar, Chennai -41, INDIA

      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      From: jogeshwarmahanta@...
      Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:17:00 +0000
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The Best Book on Meditation

      "feel
      you have 10 lifetimes to learn and earn your way out of here, by all
      means go for Patanjali's Yoga Sutras."

      Yes. The first objective is to prolong your life span first.
      regards

      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jvmarco"
      <jvmarco@... > wrote:

      > In my opinion, the best currently available book on meditation is
      The
      > Myth of Freedom by Chogyam Trungpa.
      >
      > It is said that it takes 100 life times for a monk to realize
      > enlightenment, ...for a yogi it takes about 10
      lifetimes,.. .however,

      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      > <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > So,I think, now there will be focus on Patanjali's Yoga
      Sutras,the
      > > smallest book of the greatest importance.
      > > regards
      > >

      > > --- In
      > > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      > > <jogeshwarmahanta@ > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Oh! I forgot one very important aspect.
      > > >
      > > > In relation to God:
      > > >
      > > > Patanjal-Ishwara pranidhanadva( Or by devotion to God)
      > > >
      > > > Geeta-Sarba dharman parityajya mamekam sharanam braja(Abandon
      all
      > > > and surrender to Me)-Lord Krishna
      > > > regards
      > > >

      > > > --- In
      > > > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

      Madbhagavat
      > > > Geeta.

      > > > mind/procliviries) .

      > > > success

      > > > medit8ionsociety

      meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

      > > meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"

      > practice
      > > > of

      Fly HYD-BLR for Rs.499 Log on to MakeMyTrip! Check it out!
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic