15834Re: The Best Book on Meditation

    Dec 29, 2007
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      <jogeshwarmahanta@...> wrote:

      > No further views?
      > regards

      Yo Sri Jogeshwarmahanta,
      I didn't realize that you were referring to
      the Bhagavad Gita, but now I am assuming you
      were, and that it was your unique spelling
      (Magbhagvat Geeta) that made me feel unable
      to reply. I don't see in any way that the
      2 books as being "diametrically opposite.
      Actually, I feel they compliment each other
      perfectly. The Gita shares how one can best
      prepare to medtate and live a pure life that
      eliminates the distractions that hold one back
      from experiencing the bounty of treasures that
      meditation brings. And the Sutras are the
      perfect "how-to" book on meditation. Together
      they comprise the totality of all one
      needs to learn, and then do, to best unfold
      the flower of peace, wisdom and bliss that is
      within and is the birthright of all of humanity.
      Peace and Blessings,
      Bob

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic