      the best dealing with meditation.
      We had several this week and also
      received an email from the Divya
      Jivan Newsletter that pointed to
      one answer to this question. We'll
      let these quotes speak for themselves:

      "When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and
      reflace about how God created this
      universe everything else seems so superfluous."
      Albert Einstein

      "The Bhagavad-Gita calls on humanity to
      dedicate body, mind and soul
      to pure duty and not to become mental
      voluptuaries at the mercy of
      random desires and undisciplined impulses."
      Mahatma Gandhiji

      "The Bhagavad-Gita is the most systematic statement
      of spiritualevolution of endowing value to mankind.
      It is one of the most clear and comprehensive
      summaries of perennial philosophy ever revealed;
      hence its enduring value is subject not only to
      India but to all of humanity."
      Aldous Huxley

      "The Bhagavad-Gita is a true scripture of the
      human race a living creation rather than a book,
      with a new message for every age and a
      new meaning for every civilization."
      Sri Aurobindo

      "In the morning I bathe my intellect in the
      stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the
      Bhagavad-Gita, in comparison with which our modern
      world and its literature seems puny and trivial."
      Henry David Thoreau

      "The marvel of the Bhagavad-Gita is its truly
      beautiful revelation of life's wisdom which
      enables philosophy to blossom into religion."
      Herman Hesse

      "The Bhagavad-Gita deals essentially with the
      spiritual foundation of human existence. It is
      a call of action to meet the obligations and
      duties of life; yet keeping in view the spiritual
      nature and grander purpose of the universe."
      Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru

      "I owed a magnificent day to the Bhagavad-Gita.
      It was the first of books; it was as if an empire
      spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy,
      but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an
      old intelligence which in another age and climate
      had pondered and thus disposed of the same
      questions which exercise us."
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

      "The Bhagavad-Gita is an empire of thought
      and in its philosophical teachings Krishna
      has all the attributes of the full-fledged
      montheistic deity and at the same time the
      attributes of the Upanisadic absolute."
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

      "In order to approach a creation as sublime
      as the Bhagavad-Gita with full understanding
      it is necessary to attune our soul to it." -
      Rudolph Steiner

      "The Bhagavad-Gita is not seperate from the
      Vaisnava philosophy and the Srimad Bhagavatam
      fully reveals the true import of this doctrine
      which is transmigation of the soul. On perusal
      of the first chapter of Bhagavad-Gita one may
      think that they are advised to engage in
      warfare. When the second chapter has been read
      it can be clearly understood that knowledge and
      the soul is the ultimate goal to be
      attained. On studying the third chapter it is
      apparent that acts of righteousness are also of
      high priority. If we continue and patiently
      take the time to complete the Bhagavad-Gita and
      try to ascertain the truth of its closing chapter
      we can see that the ultimate conclusion
      is to relinquish all the conceptualized ideas
      of religion which we possess and fully surrender
      directly unto the Supreme Lord."
      Sri Swami Prabhupada

      "The secret of karma yoga which is to perform
      actions without any fruitive desires is taught
      by Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad-Gita."
      Swami Vivekananda

      "The Bhagavad-Gita was spoken by Lord Krishna to
      reveal the science of devotion to God which is the
      essence of all spiritual knowledge. The
      Supreme Lord Krishnas primary purpose for descending
      and incarnating is relieve the world of any demoniac
      and negative, undesirable influences that are
      opposed to spiritual development, yet
      simultaneously it is His incomparable intention
      to be perpetually within reach of all humanity."
      Sri Ramanuja

      "Nothing has ever arisen in my life, internal
      or external, that the Gita has not made clear
      and enabled me to deal with or understand."
      Swami Nirmalananda Giri

      "When doubts haunt me, when disappointments
      stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of
      hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-Gita and
      find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin
      to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. Those
      who meditate on the Gita will
      derive fresh joy and new meanings from it every day."
      Mahatma Gandhiji

      "From a clear knowledge of the Bhagavad-Gita all
      the goals of human existence become fulfilled.
      Bhagavad-Gita is the manifest quintessence
      of all the teachings of the Vedic scriptures."
      Adi Sankara

      "The secret of karma yoga which is to perform
      actions without any fruitive desires is taught
      by Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad-Gita." -
      Swami Vivekananda

      "The Bhagavad-Gita is where God Himself talks to
      His devotee Arjuna."
      Paramahansa Yogananda

      "The Bhagavad-Gita has a profound influence on
      the spirit of mankind by its devotion to God
      which is manifested by actions."
      Dr. Albert Schweizer
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic