      Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:39 AM
      Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] The power of knowledge gives you an extra ed

      Candy -

      My request was,"let me die"...and I did.
      Now I just am, but there is no me. It's
      much easier this way. Joyful, even.

      Jeff

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "C. Joubert"
      <redbrew@...> wrote:

      > Sean, Well, at least you didn't say "run over by a bus".
      > I have special memories of one particular greyhound ride.
      >
      > Bob,  I recall once asking God to "don't let me die" in a similar
      state of darkness. Since I was still there the next day, I spent some
      time wondering if that meant he answered and cared or that he did not
      exist at all. Then I spent some time wandering. Thus the bus ride
      mentioned to Sean above.

      > Candy

      knowledge gives you an extra ed

      >   thanks Bob,
      >   great story, I have a simular one for anouther time.  I'm glad to
      see there is someone else out there on this sight again I thought it
      had been over run buy used car salesmen!

      >   medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >     --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay
      >     <bethjams9@> wrote:
      >     >
      >     > YOUR SPIRITUAL SALVATION, PACKAGED AND SOLD IN CLEAN
      RECYCLABLE ZIP
      >     LOCK PLASTIC
      >     > where is everybody? where has all the banter gone
      >     Yo Sean,
      >     Today I was talking to a friend about the new
      >     revelations about Mother Teresa that reveal that
      >     she felt (to quote her) "...empty no faith no love
      >     no zeal..." brought to mind one of my own "Dark nights
      >     of the soul". I had come to a point where I felt so
      >     deeply that I was hopelessly in darkness and unknowing
      >     that I called for Jesus to help me and lift me out of
      >     my deep misery. And nothing happened. And then I called
      >     on several holy men I had met along my life's path. And
      >     nothing happened. So I called upon a few Hindu Gods and
      >     finally something did happen, but the result was far
      >     from helpful. Did you ever see the classic animation
      >     from Disney titled Fantasia? If so, perhaps you remember
      >     a scene in it where many many hippos in tutu's dance like
      >     they're in a chorus line. Well, that's what finally
      >     appeared to me when I was begging the Gods for salvation!
      >     It did bring forth a brief inner laugh before I was thrown
      >     back into hell, but that was that. Perhaps the real
      >     delusion was not only in the hallucination, but in the
      >     idea that there was a separate from the rest of the
      >     universe "me" that was suffering. Now that THAT is obvious,
      >     life is lived as IT happens, as IT is, help-less, hope-less,
      >     and happily ever after.
      >     Peace and blessings,
      >     Bob

      ----------
      >   Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone
      who knows.
      >   Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings: