15470Re: [Meditation Society of America] posted at /DrHawkinsDevotionalDiscussionGrou

  • sean tremblay
    Aug 5, 2007
      Parallels to this question can be drawn from the history of psychoanalysis.  Freud revolutionized psychiatric medicine, but he was a misogynistic cocaine addict.  Jung also made great changes and contributions to psychology but he was an egotistical racist. So I suppose this is one of those baby and bathwater scenarios.

      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Bruce Morgen
      <editor@...> wrote:

      > David Hawkins lost any credibility
      > he might have had when he rated
      > the current American president's
      > integrity and/or spiritual state
      > very highly. No reflection on
      > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
      > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
      > himself spiritually radioactive.
      >
      > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
      > many moons ago, "Don't follow
      > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

      Yo Sri Bruceji,
      I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
      no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
      have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
      and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
      and delusional?: -)
      Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
      who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
      "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
      first opening in part to the doc's first book and
      has said that the following books helped cement the
      reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
      most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
      I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
      here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
      without any statements that are bush league:
      http://www.atman. net/realization/

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic