15466Re: posted at /DrHawkinsDevotionalDiscussionGroup

    Aug 4, 2007
      Yo Era,
      Good to hear/read from you. I think that Dr Hawkins is
      sharing elevating things and has a great depth of in-sight.
      As far as ACM, if one feels drawn to it I suggest actually
      reading it yourself and focusing on your own action/reaction
      rather than on someone else's take on what's there. This
      advice generally holds true for most traditions, but often
      there are people who have trod a specific path more intently
      and their experience can be of benefit. The problem is in
      finding those who want their pocketbook to benefit more
      than they care if their followers are benefiting spiritually.
      My take on Dr Hawkins is he cares greatly about helping
      others evolve. The group you referred to can be found at:
      BTW, I loved that story you shared recently and know that
      you have found many other gems of wisdom over the years and
      hope you will continue to share them here.
      "Era" <mi_nok@...> wrote:

      > What do you think ?
      > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      >
      > Dr. Hawkins and his recomendation to study A Course in Miracles
      >
      > After many years of 'searching' and a series of mystical experiences
      > that began at the age of three, the works of Dr. David Hawkins fell
      > into this lap.
      >
      > All of his books were read and re-read and never a day goes by when
      > something he shared in his writtings it not referrenced.
      >
      > Three years ago a visit to Sedona and a day of his seminar led this
      > writer to follow his suggestion to "Pick a spiritual discipline and
      > stick to it..." and one of the disciplines suggested was A Course in
      > Miracles.
      >
      > The Course is not for everyone and it isn't easy, because it
      > requires effort and consistancy in practice. But what it does,
      > is retrain the mind through persistant vigilance, and change
      > the automatic tendencies from judgement and condemnation to
      > forgiveness and compassion "for all life and all of its expressions."
      >
      > Thank you Doc
      > Love, Light and the peace of God

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic