15442RE: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Sleepy & Hurting

  • Aideen McKenna
    Jul 16 11:17 AM

      Exactly.  That’s what confuses me, too.  ---Aideen

      From: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com [mailto: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Grace Yllana
      Sent: July 16, 2007 10:52 AM
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America ] Re: Sleepy & Hurting

      Hello all...I'm confused about the pain issue...I heard that part of meditation is to be able to "observe" pain, discomforts and other sensations.. .and realize they have a shelf life..or are temporary... etc...what is the word on pain..not from arthritis or any ailment...the pain and discomfort that sitting in one position for a long time produce??

      Grace Yllana

      Daniel Bonekeeper <bonekeeper@gmail. com> wrote:

      Aideen, have you tried to sleep as much as you could, to the point where you just can't sleep anymore ? Try this. Sleep until you are fully rested and just can't sleep anymore, even if you tried. Then, try to meditate, and we'll see.

      About the pain, I can't tell much... personally I like to meditate in an reclinable armchair, very confortable, so it's easy to just forget the body.

      Daniel

      On 7/16/07, Aideen McKenna <aideenmck@telus. net> wrote:

      Errata: I exercise regularly, not irregularly.  --Aideen