15426Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Sleepy & Hurting

  • sean tremblay
    Jul 12, 2007
      Eat when your hungry
      Sleep when your tired
      When it rains go inside
      Love
      Sean

      "M.V.T. DHANANJEYAN" <dhanmvt1@...> wrote:
      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "aideenmck"
      <aideenmck@. ..> wrote:

      > Lately I tend to fall asleep every time I sit down to meditate;
      it's a
      > constant battle to remain awake. Regarding this matter, I find 2
      > conflicting views in books & articles about meditation. One is to
      > accept that what's needed at that time is sleep, so if sleep is
      what
      > happens, so be it. The other is to regard the sleepiness as the
      egoic
      > mind, fearful of annihilation, setting up a hindrance.
      >
      > Another problem which arose about the same time as the sleepiness
      is
      > pain. Again, I read conflicting advice about whether or not to
      adjust
      > my position. Be one with the excruciating pain, or shift the
      foot,
      > leg, whatever.
      >
      > It's a bad patch I'm going through, I guess, because if it isn't
      one
      > thing, it's the other. I'd like to hear what anybody has to say
      about
      > it.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Aideen

      Dear Aideen

      It is not a great mistake or harm when you pass thro sleeping
      or sleeping condition at the time of doing meditation. Your body and
      soul may be tired. Body and soul has very good relation. So, only
      easy way sleep well. Then do meditation. Avoid heavy food or food at
      the (near) time of doing meditation. Empty stomach is highly
      preferable.

      Higly, well cleared bowl is good for meditaion.
      Airy place is more required.

      Got a little couch potato?