15356Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Facts of Life

  • Jeff Belyea
    May 30 9:47 AM
      Great, Sean. I'd love to see some
      of your writing - not to critique,
      but to simply enjoy.

      Mucho gracias for the shrimp burrito recipe.
      Looks like a few more cold ones would
      be necessary to get me past the jalapeno
      and chili combine! Yeow! Sounds scrumptious.

      When we were in the Baltimore area,
      they used to serve chili-pepper hot
      soft shell crabs with a pitcher of beer...

      Next morning...wicked headache, and
      a burn ring around the mouth. But, boy,
      were they good (as much as I can remember).

      About the movie:

      The good thing is...no one can
      tell you the ending. It must be
      personally experienced. The joy
      is in the journey as well as
      the discovery...and as Rumi
      wrote:

      I kept knocking on the door
      until I realized that I was
      knocking from the inside.

      <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > Jeff as a matter of fact I am writing. I've been working on three
      different pieces, one I started while I was offshore as a way to
      keeping connected with my kids, I would e-mail them a chapter every
      night as bed time stories. I also have a horror story for lack of a
      better term it's a way of exercising demons and creating an exiting
      story in the process, certain characters are formed by aspects of my
      own psyche. I am also working on something more personal but that
      will take a while, It's intimidating to lay yourself bare for all to
      read but it's something I admired in guy's like Brakowski. The
      biggest huddle is being satisfied enough with a piece to submit. We
      can be are own worse critics (but when I see allot of junk being
      published I suppose I can pull it off).
      > Burritos
      > Shrimp
      > roasted potato's
      > cilantro
      > chopped peppers, Scotch bonnet, jalapeno etc.
      > red onion
      > balsamic, just a splash
      > Spanish chili powder
      > garlic
      > Goya brand ranchero sauce
      > In a skillet saute shrimp, peppers, and onion in olive oil add
      garlic and roast potatoes, splash with balsamic(or white wine) add
      chili powder to taste (if it looks good it tastes good) roll in large
      burrito add large amounts of whole leaf cilantro and cheese
      > cover rolled burrito in a small stream of ranchero top with more
      cheese and bake at 350, buy time your ready to crack your second dos
      equis the burritos will be done.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic