15322Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: How could we find how much far away from enlightenment

  • sean tremblay
    Apr 20, 2007
      There are a few out there who will tell you they got it figured out, but how do we know who has if we don't know what IT is.
      Eat good food
      do meaningfull work
      fall in love
      raise happy kids
      the rest is either honey or vinigar

      Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "armaanwithu"
      <armaanwithu@ ...> wrote:

      > Dear meditators,
      >
      > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
      > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from
      elightenment.
      > Is any elightened person told us.

      Armaan -

      Your question shows impatience. You cannot seek
      enlightenment with impatience. You must be willing
      to commit to the path for an entire lifetime (or
      many lifetimes) with absolute patience. As long as
      you have questions, you are still attempting to
      "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
      be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
      and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
      requires a surrender of all questions.

      This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
      Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
      surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.

      This is also hard to understand - that we must give
      up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
      of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
      seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
      journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
      in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
      a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
      tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
      known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

      Jeff

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic