15312Re: give the suggestion

  • Jeff Belyea
    Apr 4, 2007
      Dear Armaan,

      The fear of death, or the feeling
      that you are going to die in meditation
      is the threshold of enlightenment.

      It is the ego - the self that identifies
      with thinking and meditating - that feels
      the impending threat of death. But it is
      only a death of old belief systems. If
      the fear pulls you out of deep meditation
      and back into self-consciousness, then
      you are not ready for enlightenment.

      You can choose to continue or not, but
      you can only cross the threshold by
      completely surrendering, and staying
      in the deep meditation, risking everything,
      including what feels like death.

      Once the threshold is crossed, the ego
      is delighted with the discovery of the
      Self (the higher Self), or what Ramana
      called the "I-I", and Osho called "The
      New Man".

      It is as if we believed our everyday
      consciousness and awareness was our true
      identity, only to discover (awaken to)
      the fact that there is a "higher" more
      complete awareness that makes the
      self-consciousness awareness seem
      illusory or secondary.

      This awakened awareness (enlightenment)
      is always reported as blissful because
      it is a graceful granting of complete
      freedom from fear and doubt, and a sure
      knowledge of our true identity.

      It requires complete surrender to
      drink from its cup - including the
      yielding to what seems like death.

      Reading Osho, you will find many
      of his teaching in this regard.

      Hope this is helpful.

      Jeff

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, armaan shah
      <armaanwithu@...> wrote:

      > Dear meditators,
      >
      > I am anees babu is meditating for last 3 years .First time when
      I heard about osho and know what is meditation through osho's books
      since then I am learning the meditation,I mean I try each moments of
      life with total knowledge .In last three years my life is total
      changed I knew why I knew I m on right way.One thing all meditators
      knew that expression and feelings could not be define in words.
      Beause truth can not be define I believe also.In last three years I
      have joined the camp for three times at oshodham delhi.I hav
      meditating in the camp of ma dhram jyoti and vragya amrit.
      > But I do not meditate by sitting with close my eyes while I
      meditate by lying with close my eyes.As well as I try to live each
      moment of life with total knowledge ,full of energy,full
      concentration .I try to live each moment of life with as a living
      thing not as non living thing. I try to forget the thoughts of
      meditation or anything related this journey with doing any work.
      > Three or four times when I was meditating with close of my eyes
      I have shocked I means it did not happen befor i do not know I was
      whr but something is unknown than I have forget myself still I had
      power to come back, first time when it happened I feard very much and
      come back as soon than I did not dare to meditating with close of my
      eyes for about three months but after three monts I did meditate
      with close of my eyes with the thoughts of do or die .
      > This is happened three or four times in last one year, I don't
      know what is that so I am requested to you please help me what is
      that ,this position was only less than a minute or more than a minute
      I did not know.
      > One thing I also share with you now a days my journey is going
      very deep I mean I am learning more and more in each moment. I have
      not much theoretical knowledge than practical about meditation. I
      had no guru (teacher) because I think guru is very useful for this
      journey but sometimes guru is trouble for this journey that's why I
      am learning mediation and listen many of enlightened person like
      Mahesh yogi ,.osho ,lao tau on web site.
      > Now a days when I am trying to live each moment of life with
      total knowledge feels like a drunker.I mean as much I feel after
      drunk feeling since one month without drink.
      > What is happening with mind
      > I am waiting for your answer ,Am I right on journey ?
      > What u suggest ?

      > Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic