15274Re: Vipassana Meditation

  • rushi_kant
    Feb 26, 2007
      Certainly Aideen, you must learn Vipassana. You'll agree at the end,
      it's THE meditation technic. May it help you too to grow within
      yourself.
      Rushikant's love.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Marc Moss
      <jellybean0729@...> wrote:

      > Great plan!! His Holiness has an interpretation of Kamalashila's
      Bhavanakrama, the Steps on Meditation. Master Patnajali's Yoga Sutra
      (i believe)...very good.

      > Pabongka Rinpoche's Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand explains
      a description of all of the different types of meditation,
      conditions of the environment conducive to meditation, the parts of
      a meditation practice, the preliminaries to undertake prior to
      meditating, the eight-point meditation posture, the best objects to
      focus the mind upon during meditation, the five problems which occur
      within meditation, the eight corrections to those problems, and the
      nine resulting meditative states which lead to the attainment of
      deep meditative concentration, or quietude (shamatha)

      > aideenmck <aideenmck@...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      > Later this year, or perhaps next year, I hope to go to "meditation
      > boot camp" i.e. a ten-day retreat where the vipassana meditation
      > technique is taught. I am turning seventy this year and have not
      > been meditating for very long.
      > I wonder whether I ought to have a better background than
      > the "concentration" type of meditation that I practice (not as
      > consistently as I might).
      > I am more even-tempered than I used to be, less inclined to need
      > to be "right", and there is a delightful synchronicity that goes
      on,
      > so that I feel in tune with the universe (not every single day,
      > certainly, but surprisingly frequently.) Rightly or wrongly, I
      > attribute these happenings to a change in me brought about by
      > meditation.
      > Does anyone have any advice about my tentative plan? I feel that I
      > need something like the vipassana course.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Aideen
      >

      > As long as space remains, as long as living beings remain, until
      then - may I too remain to dispel the sufferings of the world. -
      Master Shantideva

      > Never miss an email again!
      > Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it
      out.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic