15270Re: [Meditation Society of America] Beginning meditation

  • sean tremblay
    Feb 21, 2007
      Has anyone read "The cloud of unknowing" not Buddhist but I've been chewing on this on this one for over a year now. It's a small book but lots to contemplate.

      Marc Moss <jellybean0729@...> wrote:
      If you seek certain results, then doctines that accord to your view of reality as of now are simply guideposts, outlines to learn how to color the picture in the book before moving forward. Master this coloring book and you move on to a new one.

      People fear doctrines because they do not like external restraints placed upon them. But, if the doctrines are recipes for producing the desired results, what happens if you leave out an ingredient? Do you get the same results? A spiritual path has to work, bottom line, if it's to be accepted by it's follower. It should produce the end result we seek.

      Study the doctrines and follow what you can accept and table the others. If you don't get it right away, don't criticize it, just don't put it into practice yet.

      Marc

      TV dinner still cooling?

      Never Miss an Email

    »