15259Re: [Meditation Society of America] Beginning meditation

  • Marc Moss
    Feb 20, 2007

      This meditation is accurate, but facilitates only the left hemisphere of the brain. The result of meditation is to remove the manifest forms of the belief that there is a separation in subject and object; and this is so because one has become aware that they are incorrect.

      Checking out the "monkey mind' is seeing how the thoughts are overwhelmingly undisciplined. We believe that we are this, and that thing is that, so our left brain distinquishes what something is upon analysis, and whatever conclusion we come to, our right hemisphere then makes it a reality. We no longer investigate something and it's the way it is until our left brain encounters a situation that proves it to be wrong. Science asserted that penecillin was the "cure" for many things...and today it doesn't seem to work like it once did.

      The Right hemisphere is responsible for the limbic system, or the sympathetic system. The solar plexus is the center of this system. It radiates energy, and attracts things to it. Mind is subtle matter, and once this matter is of a certain energy type, it will bring about precisely what's been put into it. See every thing you've ever done very well, without doubt in yourself. You consistently bring into being and attract to you all the things that fufill what you seek! Jesus said, "therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Examine:

      I tell you - Jesus stands behind this statement. He is telling us from his experience and knowledge (I will not assert his divinity here, but as a sage of remarkable spiritual accomplishments; I think more people can then be receptive to this analysis)

      whatever - any or any one of a number of things whether specifically known or not; pretty broad! not just spiritual, but physical accomplishments and procurements as well

      you ask for - To express a desire for; you have to ask your spirit guide, God, Jesus, Buddhas, enlightened beings...or even just yourself! "May I be free from illness"..."may I replace my old beat up car"

      in prayer - undistractedly focused on the object to whom or what you pray. Meditation, concentration.

      believe - to have a conviction that (a person or thing) is, has been, or will be engaged in a given action or involved in a given situation. In other words, you should be able to visualize it crystal clear!! The stronger the image in the left hemisphere, the more power in the right hemisphere.

      that you have received it - past tense; you should now send it to the right hemisphere and 'feel' it.

      and it will be yours - it will be made manifest, or your karma now will ripen to experience the perceptions of this appearance in your own life; this is not just a statement of one controversial spiritual being, but this was taught by the Buddha in tantra; Kabbalah, and other practices.

      The denial that even thought can control or inspire the physical world is simply due to the lack of witnessing for oneself. If it can't be analyzed by the left brain, it can't be accepted by the whole psych-physical being.

      Managing the wandering mind will be of value to the visualization process. Left by itself to simply focus on "nothing", the mind will not progress with new material, but remain steadfast in its old material. We should be trying to change the program. Don't get stuck on the preliminaries; there is a deeper universe 'enfolded' within the 'unfolded' world we think we see.

      Marc

      It's here! Your new message!