15243Re: Beginer meditation

  • Dennis
    Feb 8, 2007
      <no_reply@...> wrote:
      >Greetings,
      I am a new member,also new to meditation,kinda. I enjoy very much the
      discussions,but being older it sure seems like a lot of work to do all
      the reading..lol My name is Dennis,I am 57.
      I do have a question pertaining to meditation. Do any of you ever see
      visions etc when you enter a certain level of relaxation? I have for
      many years,but it does make it difficult to concentrate on a specific
      goal of emptiness. Can someone explain these visions to me,and help me
      use them to the advantage of all that is.thanks
      > "bigrufedc" <rTshinanga@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I have the desire to start meditation for various reasons. I would
      like
      > > to know if anyone could guide me in the mediation process. I pretty
      > > much dont where to start. I've read various articles about it, but
      i'm
      > > still not sure if i'm doing it correctly.
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance for your help,
      > > Rufin
      > >
      > Yo Rufin,
      > I suggest checking out our web site Meditation Station
      > http://www.meditationsociety.com and going through
      > the Beginners section, the Archives section, and the
      > Concepts of Meditation section. You will find all you
      > need to understand what is going on, and actual "how-to"
      > instructions. When you see a technique that draws you
      > to it, actually try and do it. In reality, there is no
      > better way to learn about meditation than by actually
      > meditating. And there is no charge for this priceless knowledge!
      >
      > I would also suggest using this discussion group to have
      > any questions that come up answered, and to share your
      > experiences with meditators from all over the world, from
      > all traditions. Here you will find some truely Enlightened
      > ones who speak from first hand experience and share
      > real knowledge. You may also find what we could call
      > "Buddhadeluded" ones who may spout very nice things that
      > they have read or heard, but also will show their ego driven
      > pretentiouness and this too can be a valuable learning tool.
      >
      > In any event, there is no better thing you can do for your
      > Self than learning about and doing meditation.
      >
      > I wish you well.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic