15242Re: Beginer meditation

    Feb 8, 2007
      "bigrufedc" <rTshinanga@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I have the desire to start meditation for various reasons. I would like
      > to know if anyone could guide me in the mediation process. I pretty
      > much dont where to start. I've read various articles about it, but i'm
      > still not sure if i'm doing it correctly.
      >
      > Thanks in advance for your help,
      > Rufin

      Yo Rufin,
      I suggest checking out our web site Meditation Station
      http://www.meditationsociety.com and going through
      the Beginners section, the Archives section, and the
      Concepts of Meditation section. You will find all you
      need to understand what is going on, and actual "how-to"
      instructions. When you see a technique that draws you
      to it, actually try and do it. In reality, there is no
      better way to learn about meditation than by actually
      meditating. And there is no charge for this priceless knowledge!

      I would also suggest using this discussion group to have
      any questions that come up answered, and to share your
      experiences with meditators from all over the world, from
      all traditions. Here you will find some truely Enlightened
      ones who speak from first hand experience and share
      real knowledge. You may also find what we could call
      "Buddhadeluded" ones who may spout very nice things that
      they have read or heard, but also will show their ego driven
      pretentiouness and this too can be a valuable learning tool.

      In any event, there is no better thing you can do for your
      Self than learning about and doing meditation.

      I wish you well.