15218Re: Mirror Gazing

    Feb 3, 2007
      "vocallyyours12" <vocallyyours12@...> wrote:

      > Earlier this week, I was looking in my mirror for a long time just
      > trying to figure out what I liked most about my facial features and I
      > couldn't help but to stay locked on my eyes. A couple of hours later,
      > my mother told me about a radio program that would be discussing
      > mirror gazing (I missed it). I found that to be ironic, being that I
      > was subconsciously kind of mirror gazing without really knowing. Has
      > anyone had an experience with mirror gazing? I've been online
      > researching and I'm kind of nervous to do it by myself. Will I open
      > something that I can't close? Is that a way for unwanted spirits to
      > come in? I would just like some kind of advice on what mirror gazing
      > is to you and how many of you all have experienced mirror gazing.
      > Mena

      "The True Basis of Morality

      We are not what we see when we stand before a mirror.
      We are that which is not seen, that which we feel
      ourselves to be. And that is the same in all. That
      Being that makes us all one we call God, the antaratma
      (the Indweller), the One in the many.

      The foundation of all spiritual life is conduct and
      character, goodness of heart and the purity of one's
      inner, hidden motivation for actions, speech and
      thought. No spiritual life or Yoga or Vedanta can
      stand upon a foundation of bad character, evil
      thoughts or wrong practices."
      - Swami Chidananda
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic