15152Re: Three 1/2 years.......nothing!

  • sriramakrishnasutras
    Dec 13, 2006
      and just by trying - is a good thing like this quote:

      STRIVE

      Strive. Strive to realise God. This is the purpose of human birth. The
      perfection of the realisation of absolute knowledge, supreme bliss and
      immortality is the one and only goal in human life. Release from the
      round of births and life in eternity is the goal of man. Till
      self-realisation is attained, man is subject to the law of karma and
      rebirth. Finish your task --- God­ realisation in this life itself; do
      not postpone it. Just as food is necessary for the body so also daily
      meditation and prayer are necessary for the soul.

      O man! Wake up from this slumber of ignorance. Why do you waste your
      life building castles in the air? Turn your gaze within. Stop all this
      hurry and worry. Sit down and relax. Dive deep within. Discover the
      pearl of atman. You will be freed from birth and death here and now.

      Remember the goal every moment of this life. Strive incessantly to
      realize it by living a life of detachment, dispassion, devotion, deep
      meditation and samadhi (self-knowledge).

      O man! Nothing is permanent. All things change. All things pass away.
      Seek the permanent, changeless, immortal atman and be free. He is
      truly wise who lives in the eternal and who is endowed with
      discrimination and dispassion.

      Life is a transforming process by which attachment, fear, anger,
      hatred and lust are transformed by steady and rigorous discipline and
      meditation into joy, bliss, peace and love.

      In simplicity is the secret of real beauty. Simplify your life. Be
      humble, pure, straight forward and true to yourself and others. Be
      good and do good so that each tomorrow will find you farther than
      today. Be humble, be meek, be pure, be holy, be godly and peaceful. Be
      charitable. Be moral. Be humble. Be courageous. Be pure. Meditate.
      Become wise. Whoever does anything with enthusiasm, patience and
      perseverance, never fails to achieve his object. Annihilate desires.

      Seek the company of saints and devotees. Control the mind. Control
      anger. Be charitable. Help the needy. Kill the ego. Be grateful.
      Respect the great. Be truthful. Indulge not in gossip. You will attain
      the supreme blessedness.

      :-)

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "the32family"
      <the32family@...> wrote:

      > Hello group,
      >
      > My name's Sean.
      >
      > It was about three or four years ago,after a 7 year relationship crashed
      > and burned,I started reading about self-realization.The book was by Guy
      > Finley,still one of my favorites,and it set me off.I never really looked
      > back.I've had my ups and downs,like everyone,but I've read about 20
      > books and try to stay conscious as much as possible,BUT,for the life of
      > me,I still CANNOT acheive meditation.
      >
      > And I try OFTEN.
      >
      > Don't get me wrong,even 5 minutes of semi-silence is beneficial to
      > me,but,I mean,real meditation.
      >
      > I recently got this program that just plays a constant tone,that worked
      > great at first,but the effects have died down.Every session I pretty
      > much start off ready to go,using whatever method I am
      > trying(mantra,breathing.....),then slowly I will lose control of my
      > thoughts,at which time it's like rounding up cattle,then,eventually fall
      > asleep.Of course if I choose a postion that inhibits sleeping,it always
      > comes with an itch or a bothersome pressure point.
      >

      > I guess there are many techniques that I haven't been patient enough
      > with or having been properly taught,
      >
      > so I joined....
      >
      > Thanks for reading!

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic