15148Re: Three 1/2 years.......nothing!

  • cbondnelms
    Dec 13, 2006
      Hi Sean:

      I'm glad you found some answers. I had the same issue you had.
      My problem was mind racing. I just couldn't stop it. My mind seemed
      to think that because I was trying to bring stillness to my thoughts,
      it had to fill it with something. It would drive me crazy. I
      started using tools. I'm a producer, so I used visuals. I use video
      clips to get me started. I can then flow right into a meditative
      state. I have some clips at http://www.tranquilityisyours.com

      I make sure my windows media player is on repeat and I use the clips
      as a visual tool, or close my eyes and use the audio as the tool to
      help me move past mind racing and into a meditative state. It works
      for my and several others I've heard from. I can log on anywhere and
      use them just to calm me down.

      If you get stuck again, see if it works for you.

      Good Luck,

      Cheryl
      http://www.tranquilityisyours.com

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "the32family"
      <the32family@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for all the responses.What I'm looking for,I guess,first is
      > clear head and a clear perspective on life,so that I may make
      > decisions from the outside looking in and properly
      > analyze "things".Secondly,would be a connection,a transmittance,if
      > you will.I would like to turn my will over to or at least have it
      > nudged by "God"(insert name there)lol
      >

      > When I first came upon self-realization,the impact was sooo great.I
      > felt invincible for a few months.However,without going into
      > detail,things were much more stable at that time.I have a little
      more
      > stress to overcome at this time,perhaps if things were still stable
      > would be further along in my growth,but,for sure,it has gotten me
      > through a lot.
      >
      > OK,I will stop babbling,I am very happy to be a part of your
      group,I
      > sincerely appreciate all the input and hopefully,I can provide some
      > tidbits here and there as well(who knows>lol)
      >

      > Thanks
      >

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Marc Moss
      > <jellybean0729@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Dear Sean,
      > >
      > > Don't give up and don't be discouraged. My first question
      is "do
      > you have a teacher?" There are so many ingredients for successful
      > meditation and having a teacher has an enormous effect in so many
      > ways. From getting the correct information in a lineage that works,
      > secrets of the practice that are generally not found in books, to
      the
      > effect on the mind that a teacher has upon a student, the benefits
      of
      > a "guru" are limitless.
      > >
      > > I would suggest that you look into the Diamond Mountain
      > University teachings, ACI teachings (www.world-view.org)
      particularly
      > the applied mediation course, Alexander Berzin has terrific
      teachings
      > that he has received and has shared throughout the years, H.H. the
      > Dalai Lama has terrific interpretations of Kamalashila's "Steps on
      > Meditation", the list of great reads with great information is
      > extensive. I personally swear by the teaching of Pabongka
      Rinpoche's