15143Three 1/2 years.......nothing!

  • the32family
    Dec 13, 2006
      Hello group,

      My name's Sean.

      It was about three or four years ago,after a 7 year relationship crashed
      and burned,I started reading about self-realization.The book was by Guy
      Finley,still one of my favorites,and it set me off.I never really looked
      back.I've had my ups and downs,like everyone,but I've read about 20
      books and try to stay conscious as much as possible,BUT,for the life of
      me,I still CANNOT acheive meditation.

      And I try OFTEN.

      Don't get me wrong,even 5 minutes of semi-silence is beneficial to
      me,but,I mean,real meditation.

      I recently got this program that just plays a constant tone,that worked
      great at first,but the effects have died down.Every session I pretty
      much start off ready to go,using whatever method I am
      trying(mantra,breathing.....),then slowly I will lose control of my
      thoughts,at which time it's like rounding up cattle,then,eventually fall
      asleep.Of course if I choose a postion that inhibits sleeping,it always
      comes with an itch or a bothersome pressure point.

      I guess there are many techniques that I haven't been patient enough
      with or having been properly taught,

      so I joined....

      Thanks for reading!
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic