15126Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: How long has everyone been practicing meditation for?

  • Marc Moss
    Nov 6, 2006
      Dear KH,

      I heard a terrific teacher say once "different wells,
      same source." That took a number of years to "accept".
      But, it's true. Breathing meditation is a terrific
      start. Best though if you have a teacher, or guru that
      can guide you according to your needs. My perfect
      lama, Geshe Jinpa Sonam has given me tremendous
      guidance since I took vows from him. His love and
      compassion and tireless joy in teaching gives me not
      only invaluable advice but a role model. I dedicate my
      practice to not only being able to fulfill his
      teachings, but to one day attain his wonderful state.

      Finding a teacher is valuable beyond words. The
      hardest part is being able to practice what they've
      taught you. But, if you have taken vows, those lessons
      will either be gentle to learn and apply or they'll
      get louder and louder every time they present
      themselves to you.

      Finding a guru is no easy task. You don't just look in
      the yellow pages for the closest Buddhist temple and
      show up on their step saying "Um, yes, I'm looking for
      a Guru." Try finding a teacher in your area where you
      can attend their teachings and go, go, go to them. If
      you can afford the travel, go where there is a
      qualified teacher. If you want information on finding
      a qualified teacher, Alexander Berzin has terrific
      information on his website. But, Pabongka Rinpoche has
      detailed information in his Liberation in the Palm of
      Your Hand. (Lam Rim rnam gro lag bcang)

      I hope my information has been of assistance to you or
      anyone else reading this post.

      Marc Preston Moss
      (Sonam Tsering)

      as long as space remains, as long as living beings remain, until then - may I too remain to dispel the sufferings of the world. - Shantideva (Buddhist saint)

      My Website if this doesn't work, try sonamtseringla.tripod.com

      Sponsored Link

      Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate
      Click now to apply http://yahoo.degrees.info
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic