15087Re: light and bliss

  • rushi_kant
    Sep 25, 2006
      Yes, experiences like these are not uncommon. But they are
      impermanent & deserve just to be experienced, passed through,
      without fear or longing. Then they serve to promote, otherwise
      hinder. May you like to be mature enough to be with them
      impassonately.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, yeshwanthi
      vasudevan <badgirl_nofear@...> wrote:

      > O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite sometime.
      But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes or so, I
      start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain it
      properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace
      before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as
      though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I feel
      like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or something.
      It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the feeling is just
      beautiful, it's just that it's scary beautiful. It's like I'm scared
      of just getting sucked into it, because it's scary to get sucked into
      something that you really have no idea of what it is. You know what I
      mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling of bliss and light
      sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary experience, because it's
      something that so new to me. Because to be honest this the first time
      I had a meditation experience (or call
      > it what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't
      do any concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness
      meditation. You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by,
      just quietly observing them. And I've been doing this for over a
      month now, but this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a
      meditation "experience" per say.

      > Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??

      > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
      > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger
      Version 8. Get it NOW

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic