15084Re: [Meditation Society of America] light and bliss

  • Sandeep
    Sep 23, 2006
      Anything which is

      seen,
      heard,
      felt,
      smelt,
      sensed,
      experienced,
      cognized

      or

      conceptualized.........

      is appearing and disappearing ...............imagery.

      The imagery, ........whether blissful or horrible, ...........whether full of white light or full of darkness, ............whether it is a popular Bollywood sound track or the sound of Om............to whom,............ has the imagery occurred?

      The Screen rather than the dancing images on the Screen.

      yeshwanthi vasudevan wrote:
      O.k. this is something that has been scaring me for quite sometime. But nowadays when I go into meditation, within 5 minutes or so, I start experiencing this kind of bliss, I can't even explain it properly in words, i've never felt this kind of bliss and peace before, and I can see this kind of light inside my head (like as though somebody just put on the tube light or something), and I feel like as if I'm a little free (or expanding a little) or something. It's happened nearly 3 times now, and even though the feeling is just beautiful, it's just that it's scary beautiful. It's like I'm scared of just getting sucked into it, because it's scary to get sucked into something that you really have no idea of what it is. You know what I mean. I get really scared everytime this feeling of bliss and light sets in me. It's just that it's such a scary experience, because it's something that so new to me. Because to be honest this the first time I had a meditation experience (or call it what you want). I've never really had any before this. I don't do any concentration meditation as such but rather I do awareness meditation. You know, just sitting and watching my thoughts pass by, just quietly observing them. And I've been doing this for over a month now, but this is the 1st time I've ever actually had a meditation "experience"  per say.

      Has anybody else experienced this during meditation??