14992[Meditation Society of America] Re: Introduction to myself/enlightenment 101

  • aideenmck
    Jul 16, 2006
      Hi, Ben

      I think what Jeff means is that it's not the experience of
      clairvoyance that's the potential trap, but rather one's attachment
      to it.
      Is that right, Jeff?

      Aideen

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Buehne
      <benbuehne@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Jeff-
      >
      > I think I understand what you are saying but I would
      > like to clarify. Basicly, there is a part of me, in
      > my nature, that retains this anger and anxiety. While
      > I may have been clairvoyant before... what I am seeing
      > now may not, in fact, be this clairvoyance but this
      > anger and anxiety sneeking into my conciousness.
      > Possibly to frighten me out of continuing to seek
      > enlightenment. Is this correct?
      >
      > Also, how can such a thing "rob us from ground
      > gained"? What do you need to do in order to avoid
      > such a thing?
      >
      > I realize I am inexperienced so I appreciate your help
      > (everyone in the group for that matter). This state
      > is actually not something I initially desired... I was
      > simply trying to relax and it happened (interestingly
      > enough it was the first time I had meditated outside).
      > I want to let you know that I am humble and realize
      > how "green" I am... I am simply a person who has taken
      > to the art with significantly more ease than others.
      > Your help is greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thank you for your response,
      > Ben
      > P.S. Do you know of anyone in the chicagoland area
      > that is experienced enough to help me with such
      > matters?
      >
      > --- Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Ben -
      > >
      > > While the mystic experience is rare,

> [...]