14986Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment

  • Rushikant Mehta
    Jul 14, 2006
      Appreciable Preyong that you are open to experiments.

      Visiting dhamma.org tells you there are about 130 centres the world around where Vipassana is taught. You may attend an initial course of 10 days at a centre convenient to you. We 'll sure thenafter exchange our experiences.

      With best of empathy,
      -rushikant.

      preyong <preyong@...> wrote:
      Dear Rushikant,

      Many thanks for your advice to www.dhamm.org to
      learn about Vipassana Meditation as taught By S. N. Goenka in the
      tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. I appreciate his technique on the
      development of consciousness also. I also agree that I should prctice
      myself to develop my own consciousness for my own enlightenment.
      That 's why I need help and suggestion form you and any other
      experienced meditation teachers. Thanks again for your kind advice.
      Regards,
      Preyong

      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Rushikant Mehta
      <rushi_kant@ ...> wrote:

      > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
      think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
      throughout !

      > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
      developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
      for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
      Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
      a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

      > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
      discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
      pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
      taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

      > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
      >
      > -rushikant.
      >

      > preyong <preyong@... > wrote:
      > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
      > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
      > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
      > technique of the development process of consciousness for
      enlightenment
      > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
      would
      > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
      much
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Preeyong
      >

      > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
      http://uk.messenger .yahoo.com

      May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.