14981Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment

  • preyong
    Jul 12, 2006
      Dear Rushikant,

      Many thanks for your advice to www.dhamm.org to
      learn about Vipassana Meditation as taught By S. N. Goenka in the
      tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. I appreciate his technique on the
      development of consciousness also. I also agree that I should prctice
      myself to develop my own consciousness for my own enlightenment.
      That 's why I need help and suggestion form you and any other
      experienced meditation teachers. Thanks again for your kind advice.
      Regards,
      Preyong

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
      <rushi_kant@...> wrote:

      > Great Preyong ! It's really a pleasant surprise somebody can even
      think of taking up such a subject for deep study ! May you have success
      throughout !

      > If you permit, one word of caution : why aim just for a doctorate on
      developement of consciousness for Enlightenment ? May you rather aim
      for that developemrnt of your own consciousness for your own
      Enlightenment ! Probably, stopping at a degree would be like settling for
      a handfull of sand after fathoming the ocean's wealth !

      > There is a way for developemrnt of human consciousness,
      discovered by Gotam the Buddha, called "Vipassana", preserved in its
      pristine purity by a chain of a teacher-pupil transmission, presently
      taught by....visit www.dhamma.org.

      > May you earn Enlightenment, not just a doctorate !
      >
      > -rushikant.
      >

      > preyong <preyong@...> wrote:
      > I am writing a thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the
      > requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the topics of
      > The Development of Consciousness for Enlightenment. Any idea or
      > technique of the development process of consciousness for
      enlightenment
      > in the practice of meditation through your concept and experience
      would
      > be greatly helpful for my thesis. Any of your suggestion would by
      much
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Preeyong
      >

      > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic