14943The wrong kind of emptiness question

  • Stephen Johnston
    Jun 19 5:38 AM
      Hi,

      I have found meditation to be immensely beneficial in terms of my
      relationships with other people, my ability to be compassionate and
      loving, and to increase my sense of personal well-being. Most of the
      time my mood is much better than it used to be, and I'm regaining some
      of that lost wonder of childhood.

      HOWEVER, sometimes I feel that my meditating is also creating sporadic
      feelings of emptiness (not the right kind) and deadness of emotion. And
      although I am geberally more patient and loving than I have ever been,
      when these episodes hit I can become quite irritable.

      Has anybody else experienced this?

      Regards,

      Stephen
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic