14939Question About Energy Loss

    Jun 18, 2006
      This is a question we received from an Email
      and part of my answer. If you have anything that
      may help for greater understanding, I'm sure your
      post will be appreciated.

      G wrote:

      > "I was going through a hugely intense emotional
      crisis last fall and had reiki treatment done. I released
      alot of energy and emotions, and I have not been able
      to feel anything since. is it possible that I released
      one of my subtle bodies, astral body maybe or a part of
      my soul? and if so is it retrievable? I don't feel or
      dream or have any sort of desire or will anymore."

      (Part of) my answer:

      It seems to me you do "feel" as this email indicates that
      you aren't comfortable with the post-Reiki "you". Also it
      seems you still have "desire" as you indicate you want to
      retrieve what once was you and/or your soul. Who you are
      is the consciousness that can and does witness your emotional,
      intellectual and physical changes. You are not and have never
      been your feelings, mind, or body. Meditation is all about
      positioning yourself as the witness to your life, and this
      "Witness" never loses energy, as you recognize that this crisis
      caused you to do. So, my suggestion to you is to meditate.
      I wish you well.

      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose, President,
      Meditation Society of America