14867Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Mixology

  • Adam West
    Apr 23, 2006
            "You believe such at the great peril to your own
      self-realization, which exists in you right now, closer than your own breath, as if on the tip of your nose."

          Yes I agree, it is my awareness itself, the very same of which I am aware of this act of typing - the pristine clarity and the vast space in which the fog of conditioned cognition and identifications exist!  But recognition of this self-liberating awareness comes in degrees, and it is those degrees of awakening which are appropriated by the ego to claim realization where little exists.

          Rather, an intuitive realisation of truth / intrinsic nature is comprehended, yet it is clearly confused with absolute realisation.

          Let us test your theses; are you enlightened?  Naturally, one mouthes one particular metaphysical theory, and answers yes!  All are enlightened - there is none other than this singular non-dual awarness; thus am I!  Yet are you conscious of creating and sustaining the universes?  Are you conscious of the infinitude of the laws of nature, of the underlying principles of quantum theory - of mathematical precision?  Of course not!  Your consciousness in actuality retains its finite limitations, thus by definition, it has no access and realisation of its infinite potential - no realisation of the totality of Being - no actual enlightenment, merely metaphysical potential!

          Naturally, you may -  thus I may accept you are one of the rare few! :-)

          We may have a sophisticated discussion of these things, yet it is clear very, very few have "actualized" their intrinsic natures - while it remains metaphysically true, there is nothing to realise - a convenient appropriation by oh so many egos and charlatans :-)

          As you are most likely aware, the Master Aziz has spoken of the difference and problems of which I am arguing and alluding to :-)

      In kind regards,

      Adam.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic