14837Re: [Meditation Society of America] Prayer Ineffective - - -

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Apr 20, 2006
      Josie

      You have rightly elicited what I wanted to know from jodyrr. A cause
      has an effect and an action has its results. I think none acts for
      nothing.

      regards,
      Jogeshwar

      <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "blueoceantiger"
      > <jkane@> wrote:
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > > hi jody:
      > >
      > > you wrote:
      > >
      > > > I've never meditated for gain or
      > > > accomplishment.
      > >
      > > just curious whether you would be willing
      > > to articulate what moves you to meditate
      > > and what your experience is of meditating.
      > > what value or benefit do you find, assuming
      > > it is positive for you?
      > >
      > > love,
      > > --josie
      >
      > There isn't much to say, Josie. My guru gave
      > the mantra and so I say it. I imagine there
      > are benefits, but I don't think about them and
      > couldn't really say except maybe that the mind
      > is a bit more calm than it would have been
      > otherwise.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic