14751Zen and the Art of Knifemaking

    Apr 8 9:01 AM
      In the Photo section, Miscellaneous Album,
      pictures 81 and 82 are of the latest in the
      ongoing series of having knives appear from
      what was simply steel, brass, and wood. This
      was the first time I had used Box Elder Burl
      wood and it was the most friendly one I have
      ever worked with. It seemed to assume its shape
      easier than any other wood I've used. As I do
      various motions with my body it is like magic
      witnessing the knife make its appearance. Very
      thought stopping and just as transcendant as
      many of the meditation techniques I've done.
      And as usual, the "doing" requires a great degree
      of being present in the moment, or one can easily
      end up with fewer fingers and appendages.