14740Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Could this be called a practice?

  • Maria Luisa Cano
    Apr 5 8:55 PM
      El 05/04/2006, a las 8:54, medit8ionsociety escribió:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Maria Luisa"
      > <mlcanow@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > In my view, all the practices can be reduced to one single practice.
      > > At the end, all of them lead to it, if so. Purifications, letting
      > > go´s, observation, discrimination, repetitions, being still,
      > intents of
      > > mindfullness, meditation, being in the now, focussing, and whatever,
      > > can be reduced into simple self enquiry, which does not need of much
      > > training. It is one step practice. If we can call it so. In any
      > case,
      > > there is no guarantee of it 'functioning', for the needed
      > > concetration for this depends on how able one is to be still, let
      > go,
      > > observe, discriminate, concentrate..........:-) or just how tired,
      > > exhausted, one is of being the one, one is supposed to be. But let´s
      > > see.
      > >
      > > Thoughts are impermanent for they arise and disappear. The first or
      > > most recurrent thought tends to be the thought 'I'. To follow the
      > > trade of this thought until reaching the source from where it takes
      > > rise would make evident that this thought appears as if from
      > nothing,
      > > to then disappear into the same place.
      > > The biggest cloud in this respect is that we believe that thoughts
      > > occur to us. MY thoughts, taking this thinker as "I", which in
      > > reality is the root thought. "I" is a thought. First premise, yes,
      > > but nobody is ever convinced of this, so that is why it is suggested
      > > to investigate the 'place' from where this "I", as a thought,
      > > appears. And that´s all that can be done. Only when there is the
      > > eagerness to do this investigation, I mean, when one is really tired
      > > of being this "I", (of the seeking I) is when self enquiry is in
      > > truth done.
      > >
      > > Realization of the reality of what we are is so simple, so near, so
      > > obvious and immediate, but at the same time, we are so used
      > (immersed
      > > in the tendency) to follow the thoughts and their continuity which
      > > generates stories, that it seems rare and difficult to recognize
      > that
      > > This, (which seems as if no-where, no-place, as if nothing, from
      > > which the thought 'I' or any other thought arises), Is what we are.
      > > Even to mention this would make a lot of people run away, for almost
      > > nobody wants to buy this scary proposition.
      > > Now, following the thread
      > > (of thoughts :-))
      > > being this a tendency (to follow the thoughts), the practice of self
      > > enquiry (to follow the trade of the thought 'I') is a direct and
      > > efficient way to cut such tendency from its root. Which, as well as
      > > can try to express, does not mean that no more thoughts will ever
      > > appear, but that their appearances will be known or recognized as
      > > what they are: just appearances in that (which I really am) , this
      > no
> [...]

      Thanks to you Bob,
      The real joy of all this 'writing about what is becoming clear' is
      the resonance that is found within others, when it happens. All this
      is done, just for the joy of it, no other reason, I suppose (because
      reason is something that has nothing to do with all this we are
      trying to understand, isn´t it?) And, not trying to be repetitive or
      boring, but reality is that resonance (for me) is the manifestation
      of the indivisible unity of existence .......... joyfully.

      Love and peace,
      Maria Luisa
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic