14723Re: Meditation in the mainstream

  • aideenmck
    Apr 1 4:33 PM
      <jeff@...> wrote:

      > Bob et al -
      >
      > Thought you might enjoy some notes
      > from a recent direct mail piece to
      > corporate HR departments:
      >
      > While the value of meditation has become known far beyond its
      > origins in religious and spiritual traditions to thousands of
      > people.........
      >
      > Cleverly disguised as the how-to's of "clear thinking, stress
      > management or relaxation techniques, present moment awareness, or
      > communication strategies," meditation has made a huge impact in
      > corporate life....... they
      > readily accept this "rose by any other name". (Not to be confused
      > with Bob Rose, who happens to be president of the Meditation
      Society
      > of America).
      >
      >. Without the inner
      > work that puts us in touch with our "inner wisdom", we will
      repeatedly arrive at goals, only to find that they quickly leave us
      empty and unfulfilled...and once again on that intuitive search
      for "something missing" in our lives. Meditation can put us in touch
      with "That".

      > Jeff

      Thank you for telling us about the rose by another name. It's good
      news. Let's hope for many more such roses - in boardrooms, schools,
      senates, congresses, parliaments & homes.

      Aideen
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic