14690Re: [Meditation Society of America] overwhelmed beginer can someone tell me where i am and how i got here?

  • Delia Tofolean
    Mar 4, 2006
      Hi Jeff,

      I think u are a wonderful teacher. For me u are the genuine spirit who has inspired my favourite Zen Koan:

      1.   A Cup of Tea
      Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.
      Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.
      The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"
      "Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

      In my poor opinion one has first to choose the right cup and afterwards he can try to empty it.

      With great respect

      Delia

      Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "JESSICA"
      <jlmulli2692@...> wrote:

      > is there a camp or somewhere i can go a like to get classes a school
      > or something, i thought i was smart but i feel dumb here. i dont
      > know what bandied is i have to look up alot of words. i need
      > tutoring. but i know the site is wonderfully helpful. im glad to
      > have found it. i have learned alot thus far. ty

      Hi Jessica -

      Here's a beginning:

      Breathe. Easy and
      natural, right?