14688Re: overwhelmed beginer can someone tell me where i am and how i got here?

  • aideenmck
    Mar 3, 2006
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "aideenmck"
      <aideenmck@...> wrote:

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "aideenmck"
      > <aideenmck@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "JESSICA"
      > > <jlmulli2692@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > this is so frustrating to me. Im a new mom at 28, i have a 1
      > year
      > > old
      > > > and just turned 3 yr old. when i had them a door opend up to
      me
      > > and
      > > > now im on my journey. so far its led me here, but i feel like
      im
      > > in a
      > > > different world that speaks a foreign language. i know im on
      the
      > > right
      > > > path, but the lingo is really hard for me to grasp. im really
      > > trying.
      > > > the thing on spaciousness, i gather is to clear your mind? is
      > > there a
      > > > study i can go to? a place? somewhere i can learn as a beginer
      > > > meditation and everything that goes with it? so far i feel
      like
      > im
      > > > hitchhiker on the right road but not knowing where im going. i
      > > just
      > > > want to be enlightend to the universe and other extensions
      that
      > > am
      > > > finding are out there besides me.its like i want to yell "Can
      > > someone
      > > > tell me where i am, And how i got here?" lol seriously im
      > finding
      > > this
      > > > a beautiful world but im not sure whats next?
      > > >
      > > Jessica - You may find it helpful to read Lawrence Leshan's "How
      > > Meditate". It helped me when I felt overwhelmed. And while
      doing
      > > whatever your life gives you to do (changing diapers, etc.),
      > remain
      > > always in the here & now, not in the past or the future. When
      you
      > > discover that you've momentarily lost the present, return to it
      > > without being annoyed with yourself. Inhale. Exhale. Pay
      > > attention. There you are. :)
      > >
      > Oh & by the way - if you can't find "how to Meditate" at the
      > library, do what Jeff Belyea suggested - that's Leshan's book in a
      > nutshell!

      Another "by the way" & then I'll keep quiet - you might want to
      borrow Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now"
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic