14686Re: overwhelmed beginer can someone tell me where i am and how i got here?

  • aideenmck
    Mar 3, 2006
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "JESSICA"
      <jlmulli2692@...> wrote:

      > this is so frustrating to me. Im a new mom at 28, i have a 1 year
      old
      > and just turned 3 yr old. when i had them a door opend up to me
      and
      > now im on my journey. so far its led me here, but i feel like im
      in a
      > different world that speaks a foreign language. i know im on the
      right
      > path, but the lingo is really hard for me to grasp. im really
      trying.
      > the thing on spaciousness, i gather is to clear your mind? is
      there a
      > study i can go to? a place? somewhere i can learn as a beginer to
      > meditation and everything that goes with it? so far i feel like im
      > hitchhiker on the right road but not knowing where im going. i
      just
      > want to be enlightend to the universe and other extensions that i
      am
      > finding are out there besides me.its like i want to yell "Can
      someone
      > tell me where i am, And how i got here?" lol seriously im finding
      this
      > a beautiful world but im not sure whats next?

      Jessica - You may find it helpful to read Lawrence Leshan's "How to
      Meditate". It helped me when I felt overwhelmed. And while doing
      whatever your life gives you to do (changing diapers, etc.), remain
      always in the here & now, not in the past or the future. When you
      discover that you've momentarily lost the present, return to it
      without being annoyed with yourself. Inhale. Exhale. Pay
      attention. There you are. :)
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic