14639Re: meditation and human neuroplasticity.

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Jan 26, 2006
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > --- In
      > <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Recently thanks to Richard Davidson meditation and human
      > > neuroplasticity has become a subject of great interest among the
      > brain
      > > scientists. What is the view/experience of the members of the
      > > meditation society of America?
      > >
      > > regards,
      > > Jogeshwar
      > >
      > Yo Sri Jogeshwar,
      > There is no doubt anymore that meditation
      > has a very beneficial effect on us
      > neurologically/physically, and emotionally
      > and mentally as well. This has been validated
      > by studies done by Dr Davidson and many others.
      > But this is something that has been known
      > experientially for centuries by millions of
      > meditators, and my take on it is that one hour of
      > meditation reveals more about meditation than a
      > thousand papers written about it can. What is your
      > own experience? I am interested and would like to
      > know, if you (or others) would care to share.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

      "and my take on it is that one hour of
      > meditation reveals more about meditation than a
      > thousand papers written about it can. What is your
      > own experience?"

      Hello Bob

      The extracted portion of your post is of great significance
      and virtually this is the very objective of this forum. I was
      waiting for such a time when members of would like to share each
      others' experiences. I am happy that you have initiated that time. I
      shall post my experiences after some time and we shall continue to
      share. I hope, meanwhile, others start posing their experiences.

      regards,
      Jogeshwar

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic