14638Re: meditation and human neuroplasticity.

    Jan 26, 2006
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
      <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:

      > Recently thanks to Richard Davidson meditation and human
      > neuroplasticity has become a subject of great interest among the
      brain
      > scientists. What is the view/experience of the members of the
      > meditation society of America?
      >
      > regards,
      > Jogeshwar

      Yo Sri Jogeshwar,
      There is no doubt anymore that meditation
      has a very beneficial effect on us
      neurologically/physically, and emotionally
      and mentally as well. This has been validated
      by studies done by Dr Davidson and many others.
      But this is something that has been known
      experientially for centuries by millions of
      meditators, and my take on it is that one hour of
      meditation reveals more about meditation than a
      thousand papers written about it can. What is your
      own experience? I am interested and would like to
      know, if you (or others) would care to share.