14627Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Jan 14, 2006
      "We are made to live and made to serve. But we
      unnecessarily take the credit for ourselves.
      We think we are making everything happen. It's
      the wrong way of thinking. That's what you call
      `ignorance.' When you put your name to something,
      you become responsible. You make yourself happy,
      or unhappy, because of that and you go through
      turmoil. So, always remember you are here because
      God wanted you to be here, to do His job. He has
      hired you, if I could say so, and you are performing
      His duties, until you get fired. That way, you will
      always feel happy. You will know that God is working
      through you. You will say, `Nothing belongs to me.'
      You didn't bring anything with you; you are not going
      to take anything with you. So, you're totally free.
      Your mind has no chance of getting agitated, or losing
      its peace.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more by and about Swamiji:
      http://www.yogaville.org
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic