14267Zen and the Art of Knifemaking (again)

    Aug 6, 2005
      This knife chose its own shape entirely. I just
      watched my hands go here and there. I had a design
      in mind that had nothing at all to do with
      what came out. A famous sculpter was once asked how
      he created his creations and he said he simply
      removed whatever shouldn't be there. This is how it
      seemed to go for this knife. I had and have the
      feeling that I had as little to do with it as a
      telephone has with the messages it transmits.
      The pictures (#76 & 77) are posted in the photo section.