14265Re: An Indian Story

  • Nina
    Aug 6, 2005
      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      (snip)
      > The grandson thought about it for a
      > minute and then asked his grandfather which wolf
      > would win. The old Cherokee simply replied,
      > "The one you feed."

      Watching 'What the Bleep...' last night,
      the discussion of how (quantumly) thoughts
      shape matter prompted me to contemplate
      how our collective thoughts may shape the
      world. Thinking of concepts such as 'global
      warming', I wondered at how some people
      seem to seek out and claim proof to these
      concepts on a frequent basis. "Oh, it used
      to snow here more in the winter, that's
      global warming." This seems to be faulty
      anecdotal thinking that favors one line of
      politicized science over another. Consider
      the suggestion that thoughts shape matter -
      could such thoughts on a collective basis
      actually be contributing to global warming?
      Consider this potential in the realm of
      other concepts, such as 'the dumbing down
      of youth', 'increasing incidence of terrorism',
      'violence in schools', 'materialism', etc.

      Nina
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic