14205[Meditation Society of America] Re: Transmission

  • Jeff Belyea
    Jul 14, 2005
      Thanks, Rushikant.

      I do agree.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
      <rushi_kant@y...> wrote:
      > Transmission probably is & does what one thinks, believes & trusts
      it is & it does. If one accepts that only a Guru can liberate me,
      only a guru can liberate him. If one thinks, I can do it myself, he
      can & certainly can do it himself. If one thinks, liberation is a
      humbug, it turns out to be so for him.
      > If one believes with totality what one believes, one wins. Like
      that story of a seeker who approached a guru, followed his
      instructions & progressed well to reach the stage of final test when
      the guru asked him to walk on water, with faith. He did ! Seeing
      this, the guru thought, when my disciple can walk on water due to
      faith in me, why can't I ? And he got drowned ! It's the faith & its
      totality that works wonders, not the object of faith.
      > The trouble however is, our faith is fragile & gets assailed often
      with doubt. That's why we don't reach the end. Otherwise, Truth
      turns up the face we wish.
      > So, transmission helps always & only when one thinks it can. It's
      like hypnosis. It helps one who cooperates the hypnotist !
> [...]
      > > meditation on the heart. In the Sahaj Marg practice we meditate
      > the heart,
      > > imagining that there is effulgence or light in the heart. We
      > try to see light
      > > or to project any light. We begin with the idea that there is
      > in the heart,
      > > and if there are disturbing thoughts, as I told you earlier, we
      > just ignore them,
      > > because it is our own attention which gives power to them to
      > disturb us.
      > >
      > > That now brings me to the most important and fundamental point
      > Sahaj
      > > Marg. In a sense we can think of Sahaj Marg as operating in
      > layers. The
      > > lowest is the cleaning of the past impressions by the Master's
      > power. The
      > > middle level is our own effort in meditation and avoiding such
      > thoughts or
      > > such activities that can create further impressions. And at the
      > apex we have
      > > the most important feature, and that is the system of
      > that is
      > > unique to this system.
      > >
      > > When the vessel is cleaned, we must put something into it. When
      > human
      > > system is similarly purified and cleaned of all the past, it is
      > emptied. Then
      > > starts the final process of yoga, which is final not in the
      > of time, but final
      > > in the sense of culmination. Master starts filling us with his
      > self. This
      > > process is called pranahuti in Sanskrit, which means 'life
      > offering' or 'offering
      > > of life'. So this is the most important aspect of Sahaj Marg.
      > we start this
      > > yoga, the purification is done by the Master. Our co-operation
      > minimal in
      > > trying to live a better life, think better thoughts, perform
      > actions, avoiding
      > > the negatives. Then comes the most important part of Master's
      > He puts
      > > His spiritual essence into us, thereby transforming us into
      > Himself.
      > >
      > > I think that I have said more or less everything I have to say
      > about Sahaj Marg.
      > > If any of you would like to experience this transmission, my
      > generally
      > > has a short session of transmission after the talk is over. So
      > you would like
      > > to sit for a few minutes in meditation, following the practice
      > I have just
      > > explained to you-I must emphasize there is no compulsion behind
      > this-those
      > > who would like to remain and experience the transmission are
      > welcome to do
      > > so. Thank you.
      > >
      > > (Public lecture at the Hotel Eisenreich, Munich, 14 May 1976 by
      > > Shri P. Rajagopalachariji as he accompanied his Master, Babuji.)
      > Health and wellness Health and wellness program Corporate health
      and wellness Health wellness product Womens health and wellness
      Alternative medicine