14121Re: New Member Introduction

    Jun 9, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Christy"
      <personal_balance@c...> wrote:
      > Hello everyone! My name is Christy and I am a new member so I thought
      > I'd introduce myselfÂ…
      >
      > I'm a 33yr old WAHM in Oklahoma and I love to spend time with my
      > family, learn about new things and get to know new people. I
      > personally feel that we all have many choices; we just need to educate
      > ourselves in order to make the right ones for us, individually.
      >
      > I'm hoping I can find some good information here so I can better
      > myself, and the world around me. I'd also like to meet some like-
      > minded individuals.
      >
      > Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to getting to know you
      > all!
      >
      > Christy Putnam

      Yo Christy,
      Welcome! I hope that the experiences you have here
      from reading and posting communications that are
      intended to evolve consciousness will be enjoyable
      as well as beneficial to your stated aims of bettering
      yourself and the world around you. I applaud these aims.
      It has been said sarcastically and with a snear by some
      Non-dualists that to aim to have a better Self is somewhat
      of a "wrong" and a "lower" ambition. But I feel that this
      is just an example of spiritual snobbery and is stated
      to show off that the person stating it has "got IT", and
      realizes that the Self is One and can't be bettered, or
      some similar Advaita-speak cliche. The other biggest snobby
      similar statement is that there in nothing you can "do" to
      attain enlightenment/realization/etc and therefore meditation,
      or other "seeker" activities, like reading spiritual books
      or going to see a guru for guidance are a waste of time.
      At times you will probably see these type statements here.
      I find conclusions to be worthwhile only as things to meditate
      about, and have found in experiential fact that the very best
      thing you can "do" for you life is to meditate, and not just
      to talk about whether it is valuable or if it is a waste
      of time, or other similar adjectives and adverbs. All words
      are just pointers, but those that point to Self inquiry are
      the most valuable ones of all. I am confident that there will
      be plenty of opportunity to find those type here. Thanks for
      adding your obviously good intentioned energy here.