14113Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Monk ebusiness

  • suman sk
    Jun 6, 2005
      yr quote
      "So, wanting spiritual bliss is the same as wanting
      sexual bliss.  Both are forms of comfort that are
      lusted after."
      response: the only BIG difference between them is spiritual bliss is sustainable and sexual bliss go away with age and many other factors, it is not sustainable.and then it is a cause of suffering, like for many in old age . Sex reside in their minds but not in muscles.
      I am looking for bliss which is blissful for ever every moment and freedom which is unwaivering.
      --OM
      SK

      jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
      <rushi_kant@y...> wrote:
      > Is it not that bliss dawns only when one goes beyond the
      > power of lust for anything , including bliss ? Hen or egg ?

      No.  Bliss is with us always in various forms.
      It's a spectrum of sensation.  Spritual bliss and sexual
      bliss are on the same spectrum.  In fact, I would argue
      that they are the same thing experienced in different
      contexts.

      So, wanting spiritual bliss is the same as wanting
      sexual bliss.  Both are forms of comfort that are
      lusted after.

      People get their comfort where they find it.  The idea
      that you must put off sexual pleasure to know spiritual
      pleasure is a myth.  One does not cancel the other, and
      they can both be known in the same life.

      --jody.

      > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:--- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Rushikant Mehta
      > <rushi_kant@y...> wrote:
      > > Nop, not kidding, very seriously, Jody, I just said, & meant
      > > that to know the source of that mystical sound of Jeff (!),
      > > one need not be a monk outwardly, & nor a ( even self-forced
      > > celibate. But do ya ever think, bliss can be a more sublime
      > > source of pleasure than lust ? And so higher that lust attracts
      > > no more ?
      > > Rushikant.
      >
      > One can lust for bliss just as much as they
      > lust for sex.  Is such a lust better?
      >
      > > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Flou"
      > > <tom@f...> wrote:
      > > > Dear Jody.

      > > > We were having a bit of fun here, Jody.
      > > > No intention of hurting anybody.
      > >
      > > Of course not, Tom.  I was making a reply to Rushikant's
      > > assertions:
      > >
      > > > Yep, one must be a monk, not for hearing the sound but for knowing
      > > > its source.But for the one who has attained inner monkhood,
      > > > meditated, cleansed the mind of all negative inputs, even without
      > > > entering the order of the monks, finds the doors opening without
      > > > knocking & the 'Source' eager to reveal itself ! Kudos to him !
      > > > Rushikant.
      > >
      > > I didn't read this as part of the joke, but as a
      > > contention about the necessity of celibacy.
      > >
      > > > Jeff´s joke just made me write a
      > > > humerous(?) reply.
      > >
      > > And I was not responding to either you or Jeff.
      > > However, I did feel the need to let you know that
      > > I have respect for those who make the choice to
      > > be monks, even while I have no respect for the
      > > idea that such is a spiritual necessity.
      > >
      > > > No need to drag your dog into this.
      > >
      > > I drag my dog into everything, Tom.
      > >
      > > > However clever he/she is, however
      > > > famous in these forums.....;-)
      > > > ...I don´t think dogs understand humor,
      > > > they are waaay too serious.
      > > > Playfull: Yes, but humor: No way.
      > > > What about you?
      > > >
      > > > Tom
      > >
      > > You know, sometimes I am a bit humor impaired,
      > > especially when my buttons gets pushed.  And
      > > one of the things which pushes them is the idea
      > > that celibacy is necessary for realization to
      > > occur.  While I realize it's traditional to say
      > > such things, I'm absolutely sure that celibacy
      > > is optional rather than mandatory.
      > >
      > > Perhaps Rushikant was kidding too.  If that's
      > > the case I've stuck my foot in it again.  It's
      > > not the first time, I can promise you that.
      > >
      > > --jody.

      > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      Service.

      > > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
      > http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

      > May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.
      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic