1408Journal Entry - November 26 - tosime

  • tosime
    Nov 26, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: November 26
      Time: 07:35 a.m.
      Duration: 36 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - One candle
      - Incense - one stick
      - Essential Oil - (Precious flowers+water on burner)
      Pre-session: Ring Bell
      - Sip of water
      - Ear plugs
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Previous day's influence: None.
      Mind Chatter: Low - Medium.
      Waves of bliss: None.
      Experience: Good Session.

      It was hard to close my eyes in the beginning. I felt some muscle movement
      as my body relaxed. Saw the close link between thoughts and subtle muscle
      tension. Not sure which influenced which in that muscle tension also
      influences thought.

      Saw into the future where we all wear devices that measure whole body muscle
      tension and sends a signal to a device we wear in our ear. This device
      trains us to relax during the day and alerts us to how we respond
      subconsciously to people and events (as well as our thoughts). I was reading
      the instructions on the best place to place the device on the body since
      different people had different ideal spots.

      Lots of future thoughts - my future in different directions. Had a good
      sense that we actually create what we think of as reality.

      Good body sensitivity without the usual deep levels of relaxation - wondered
      if reaching deeper levels of physical relaxation was the best approach to
      making progress in meditation.

      Stopped thought for a brief period just to relax and enjoy the stillness in
      the meditation. This did not last long as more thoughts came in through the
      back door. These thoughts convinced me that since I was in complete control,
      it did not matter what I thought about since I could always stop the
      thoughts at any time. Famous last thoughts!

      Came out of the meditation thinking I had spent an hour only to find it just
      36 minutes.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic